Following last week’s ‘dinner protest’ over Lord Salisbury, a mass meeting tonight voted in favour of three resolutions:
- That this meeting calls for the immediate resignation of Lord Salisbury as Chancellor because of his racialist views.
- That all academics who refused to attend the Guild Ball should publicly disassociate themselves from the racist principles of Lord Salisbury.
- That the University should disclose all its investments to the students, and if these include any in South Africa, to relinquish them immediately.
- Correspondence with the Vice-Chancellor concerning Lord Salisbury’s resignation
- Why picket Council: SocSoc leaflet